Our School’s Anti Bullying Policy – Parents Booklet bullying prevention2013 was developed from a whole school, it is pro-active and a constantly evolving policy within the framework of our overall school code of behaviour. During this review we involved students, staff, parents/guardian’s and wider community.
- a clear definition of bullying and the forms it takes
- a statement that bullying is unacceptable behaviour and that it will not be tolerated.
- that students should support each other by reporting all instances of bullying.
- that all reports of bullying will be investigated and be dealt with sympathetically.
- A clear statement on how the school will handle an alleged case of bullying.
Reporting alleged bullying behaviour is not the same as “ratting” – students and others are encouraged to ALWAYS report any type of Bullying Behaviour to a member of staff.