As part of our plan to ensure that our school is a “Bully Free School” Our TY students and members of staff will be attending the Diana Award Anti-Bullying Ambassadors Regional Training on the13th October 2015, Rathdown School, Glenageary,
This event is an ideal opportunity for our students to meet young people from all over Ireland and be trained as Diana Award Anti-Bullying Ambassadors. Our students will have the opportunity to creatively explore and understand the issue of bullying through interactive sessions. They will network with other passionate young people, exchanging ideas and sharing good practice. They will gain practical ideas and receive top tips on how to stop bullying; enabling them to prevent bullying and ensure everyone feels safe and happy in our school.
The event will provide our students and staff with the following:
- Greater understanding of the issue of bullying- facts, effects, definition and importance
- Practical ideas, top tips and drama exploration of scenarios ambassadors may come across in their role
- Supporting others/support networks- basic training looking at the skills needed to support others/stay safe
- Networking session- sharing good practice and ideas
- An Action planning- helping students think big, start small and agree targets/aims for their Anti-Bullying work which will keep our school a “FREE OF BULLYING ZONE”!